Chicken and Sweet Potato Curry

Monday 28 October 2013

Since moving out of home, I've missed one of my favourite meals of all time. A curry that my mum made up out of her head for me using ingredients that I said I wanted to buy for my healthy eating.



So I decided to call up my mum and get the recipe and make it myself, whilst sharing the entire thing with you guys, because it really is that good.

This curry serves 2/3 or one bulking individual.

The ingredients you need to make this amazing curry are the following : -



  • 3 Chicken Breasts
  • 1 Sweet Potato
  • Chopped Red Chilli
  • Chopped Garlic
  • 1 Onion
  • Curry paste (Tikka Masala)
  • Balsamic Vinegar
  • 1 tin chopped tomatoes
  • 2 handfuls of red lentils
  • Half Pint of chicken stock

Step 1



Chop 1 onion and sauté in some oil. 

Step 2



Add in 1 teaspoon of chopped red chilli, or 1 chopped red chilli.

Step 3




Add 1 teaspoon of chopped ginger.


Step 4




Once all the other ingredients are soft, add in 3 diced chicken breasts and sauté until coloured. 


Step 5



Chop 1 sweet potato and add to the pot.


Step 6

 

Stir in 2 tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar and remove from hob, allowing to cool for two minutes. 


Step 7



Return to heat and add in two half tins or a tin of chopped tomatoes. 


Step 8



Add half a jar of tikka paste. 



Step 9




Add two handfulls of red split lentils.


Step 10




Add a half pint of chicken stock. If you don't have a measuring jug, then use your protein shaker. 


Step 11




Bring to boil and allow to simmer until thickened or sweet potato has softened. 

Season so taste and serve with rice or any side you wish.

You guys have my mum to thank for this beauty. 






No comments:

Post a Comment