Review: The Protein Works - Whey Protein 90 Isolate - Butterscotch Ripple Flavour

Tuesday 15 October 2013

I am a keen fitness freak and most of my time over the past year has been spent in the gym working up a sweat in the weights section. I'll say just now that my main goal within the gym is to gain muscle, so my cardio workout is limited to a football match every weekend.

One of the main parts of my gym routine is to consume a protein shake post workout to help aid my recovery. My most recent purchase has been the Butterscotch Ripple flavour protein from The Protein Works.



The protein works is a website that allows you to build up your own post workout shake by altering the ingredients and quantity of each component based on your goals. You can even add other ingredients to the shake to make is completely focussed for you and your nutritional needs. There is also the ability to buy pre-made standard shakes, which is exactly what I did.

This protein has a really nice consistency when mixed (noting that I've only mixed with milk) and tastes really nice, if not a little bit sweet. The price is also easy on the wallet too with 1kg costing just £23.99. 1kg of the protein will give you about 40 servings and arrives in a nice resealable foil pouch complete with scoop.

The nutritional information can be found below.














I must say for a brand that I was completely unaware of prior to stumbling upon them through google. They have definitely put up a very strong fight, if not beating, the main brands that you see advertised all the time and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a truly customisable post workout shake.


No comments:

Post a Comment