Going up!

Friday 1 November 2013

One of my main problems with trying to bulk is simply that I can't do it. I eat so much food, but never seem to gain any weight.

It was nice to see that things are changing, since the last time I stepped on the scales. It would appear that I have managed to gain just over a pound in a week, which is definitely the sort of speed of gaining that I'm aiming for.


Up at 86.5 kg


I have decided to go back to another three day split as I felt I wasn't really getting too much out of stronglifts. So thought I'd give you a run through of the routine that I'm doing today. 

I decided to start off with a quick 10 minute cycle on the stationary bike. Nothing too exciting. Just wanted to get the blood flowing in my legs given that today was mainly leg day. 



After the cycle was completed it was onto the squat rack for 3 sets of 10 squats. I think I just started with 50kg squats. Nothing too heavy. 


After squats it was onto the leg press machine for three sets of 96kg leg presses. I actually really enjoy these, because I can see my legs working so much during them. 



After the leg press it was onto some romanian deadlifts. Something that I haven't done very many of before so I started with a light weight, just so I could get the form right as that is much more important than how much weight I'm lifting. Today I started with 20kg.

That concluded the legs for the day, so onto shoulders I went. Starting with overhead dumbbell press using I think it was 14kg dumbbells. 




Next up was side lateral dumbbell raises, with about 3 sets of 10 reps. I think I used 8kg dumbbells for this.

After those brutal raises were done it was onto the seated cable row. I love this machine. There's so many people I see using it incorrectly and my form on this machine is something I pride myself on. 




So there you have it. That was my legs and shoulders day along with some awesome news about my weight gain. Can't wait to keep seeing progress. Really glad to have found that magic calorie number that finally allows me to put on some beef. 




No comments:

Post a Comment