Christmas Time!

Friday 27 December 2013

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year when it comes. 

This time of year is mental and it really gets in the way of your routine, or at least that's what I've found. I went for about two weeks without going to the gym, which is quite a long time for me. 

Never mind though, my progress wasn't hindered too much. I don't appear to have put on much weight over the festive period and I kept my alcohol consumption at zero, so no stupid calories added, just to get a hangover. 

My weight is a still a solid 13st 6lb, which it has been for a while.

I was beginning to feel a bit flabby though, but I think that's just due to my usual pump disappearing and holding a bit more water than normal. 

I forced myself back to the gym on Boxing day or I knew it would just become harder and harder to find the motivation. 

Entered the gym and there was a grand total of about 5 people there, which was good. Although the place was an absolute tip. My intuition tells me that the New Years resolution members had started early as there were weights just scattered everywhere, barbells loaded and plates all over the weights section. 

Last night I hit my chest and triceps. 

3 x 10 reps of 45kg Barbell bench
3 x 12 reps of 18.5kg cable flyes
3 x 10 reps of assisted chest dips
3 x 12 reps of 50kg Seated dips
3 x 12 reps of 54kg tricep extensions

Superset
To failure of 8kg overhead dumbbell tricep extensions. 


Safe to say it's the end of the day after and I'm beginning to feel my chest aching, so it's all good knowing that I'm back on track.

Off to the gym in about an hour to hit my Back and Biceps, maybe with some Abs thrown in for good measure. 

How did you all get on over the Christmas period. Did you still manage to get your workouts in? 

Any PR's?


No comments:

Post a Comment