Using Creatine

Monday 6 January 2014

I've been using Creatine for a while now, but never really seen the benefits of it due to taking a serving before I workout rather than taking it in cycles and including rest days. This has somewhat warped my opinions on Creatine to be some hyped product that doesn't really do anything much, but with so much scientific evidence I must be wrong. Surely.

What is Creatine?
Creatine is a naturally occurring acid that is created in the Liver and Kidneys from Amino Acids. The main purpose of creatine is to supply energy to muscle cells. It increases the formation of ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate) meaning more energy for your cells. This in turn means that your cells having more energy should allow you to complete more reps in your lifts at the gym, promoting muscle growth. 


So, as I say, I am starting to properly cycle creatine with my loading phase beginning today. Starting off with four servings per day for the first five days, then it drops to once per day after that...I think. It's something along those lines anyways.

I'm trying to time my servings at 3 hour periods during the day, with servings being taken at 10am,1pm,4pm and 7pm. I bought two different flavours to make sure I have enough to last for a while. One fruit punch and another Grape. The first tastes a bit too sweet for me, so I've been sticking to the grape since it tastes like my childhood love of "Twist n Squeeze". The only thing that's slightly off-putting is the fact is looks like it is radioactive. Both were bought from +Holland & Barrett in their Penny Sale, where I get one of the two products for a penny.

Luminous Creatine


Anyway that's the latest with me and my journey to getting a bit of muscle on my body. Hopefully using creatine in the proper way along with increasing my calories a bit more should help me to start seeing some size increases. Only time will tell I suppose.

Have any of you used Creatine and seen many benefits from it? Let me know in the comments below.


No comments:

Post a Comment