Cutting the Fat

Tuesday 4 February 2014

It's been a while since I posted on here. Almost too long in fact, but sometimes you just have nothing worth writing about and that unfortunately has been the case with myself. The good thing is, that in my absence I have accumulated a bit of stuff to write about on here.

New Gym Shoes


The first new piece of news I have for you is that I bought a new pair of Gym shoes. In the form of the Nike Freerun 2 in a beautiful Carbon and Blue colour scheme.


Aren't they just stunning?
They cost me £65 and I love them. Really comfy pair of trainers and also have the feeling of barefoot running. Kind of. 

New Gym


The next thing is that I have changed gym. No longer am I going to Pure gym. I am now attending a much better one called Warehouse. It costs slightly more per month, but I get the added benefits of a cleaner and much bigger weights section, less crowding and having to wait for a bench or machine, swimming pool and a sauna. Oh and did I mention that the changing rooms have underfloor heating, just so my little feet don't get too cold when I take them out of my new trainers. 

I love it there and I've only been a couple of times. It's quite crazy how much I feel like I've been missing out on having not joined sooner. 

Started to cut


I have decided it is now time to cut down some of that fat that I'm holding on to. All 22% of it. Scary when you think that 22% of my entire mass is made up of fat. It might not be 22, I'm just guestimating, but it was definitely in the early 20s the last time I measured. 

I purchased the LDNMuscle cutting guide v2.0 in the middle of January and gave myself a couple of weeks to read it and let it sink in. Then I began to plan for my own cut starting in the first week of February. 

It's two days into said cut and so far I'm not coping too badly. Maybe having slight carb withdrawls, but I'm just #thinkingoftheabs and trying to focus on keeping my mind on the end goal. My ultimate goal is to have myself in reasonable shape for my sisters wedding in May and my mates Stag weekend in Budapest three days after. A pretty hectic month, but that gives me nearly the full 15 weeks needed for the cutting guide to at least have some visible changes in my physical appearance. I'll post some starting point photos, just so I have something to refer back to and post a comparison shot at the end of the cycle. 

This is the first time I've really been focused enough to get to it and actually push myself to achieve a lower body fat. Usually I'll get a few weeks in and begin to think that I'm too small and I need to bulk. This time I need to stick to it and I will. 

For myself the diet macros are as follows : - 

Protein - 307
Carbs - 153
Fats - 68

Calories for the day are 2455
So far I've done pretty well in sticking to those and I've been eating so much chicken, that I might begin to get sick of it soon. That's a terrifying thought, considering how much I love chicken.

Oh well, here's those all important starting point photos. Please excuse my grumpy looking face. I'm not unhappy, it's just the way I look unfortunately. 








 So there you have it. That's a little update on my progress and hopefully the start of a new body for myself. 

Anyone else on a cut at the moment? How are you finding it and what are your little treats or food tips to help you beat those cravings?




No comments:

Post a Comment