Tracking my workouts

Tuesday 1 April 2014

I've tested out almost every single workout app that you can get for android phones over the past few years, and I'll often come across one that stands out and I'll use for a period of time. Then the next newest app appears and I change over to test that and forget to go back to the old one. It's a vicious cycle that I just keep repeating.

There's always been something not quite handy about having all my readings on the phone. Running out of battery half way through a workout, apps crashing and deleting all your progress data, you name it and it's happened to me.

But I've found something pretty awesome that I never ever thought to use before. Ok maybe I lie about never thinking of using it before, probably more I thought it was a shit way to track, because your phone could do it. I discovered a notebook and pen!


Notepad and pen




I had seen a number of people in the gym writing stuff in their notebooks plenty of time before, but had never really thought it was for me, since I'm such a tech nerd. Needless to say I was wrong. I've started writing down my workouts religiously and the ability to jump back a few pages and see where I was the week before is so easy. I also very rarely get to write, so I guess it's a novelty to actually put pen to paper once in a while.

Not having a mobile phone to constantly input data into, will also keep you more focused and make your workouts a hell of a lot more intense. I do still use my phone in the gym, but only to track my rest periods using the "Timely app".

So far that's been around 4 weeks I've been using my trusty little notepad and I've not had the worry of running out of battery power at all yet.

I would definitely recommend giving the old tracking method a go and I guarantee you'll see the productivity in your workouts increase.


No comments:

Post a Comment