The choice is yours

Thursday 10 October 2013

One of my biggest downfalls is my impulse eating, which I suppose on a bulk isn't too big a deal. My biggest challenge coming when I'm leaving the gym and walking home, due to the fact I walk past McDonalds, Burger King and almost four other takeaways. This never really is a problem to me as I'm pretty good at saying no to things, but last night I really struggled.



Just after 11 last night I was on my way back from the gym and as McDonalds drew closer, I had such a craving for a salsa chicken legend. They are my immediate downfall and any time I want one, I will do my best to go and get one.

This time I was so determined to say No, because it is exactly what I said it was. A craving. I wasn't going to die if I didn't get it. I didn't need the chicken legend and it was a hell of a lot of calories that I would unnecessarily be adding on top of my daily allowance, which even though I'm aiming to gain some size, I'd rather do it with the avoidance of needless extra fat gains.

So I walked right past McDonalds.

I was a little bit gutted inside and I'm sure my tastebuds were cursing the hell out of me, but at the same time I felt really good that I'd made a good choice. A choice that would allow me to continue on my road to achieving my goals without an avoidable hiccup.

This is my lesson to you that you don't need to give into cravings and you can control what you are eating. If the next time you crave something and you haven't already allowed for it in your daily meal plan, then don't eat it. Save it as a treat for another day, where you can factor it into your calorie allowance. You'll feel much better for it and it will probably taste so much better when the time comes.


No comments:

Post a Comment